Saturday, October 19, 2013

Cranberry Juice (homemade)


Enjoy the season with this tart, tangy homemade cranberry juice ... a taste all its own. 
No artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners.

Healthy benefits
In addition to its anti-cancer properties, cranberries may also lower the risk of cardiovascular disease by lowering “bad” LDL cholesterol, inhibiting LDL oxidation (one of the first steps in the progression of coronary artery disease), lowering blood pressure and inhibiting the formation of blood clots.

Cranberries are a superfood that you should enjoy all year round. Cranberries have vitamin C and fiber, and are only 45 calories per cup. In disease-fighting antioxidants, cranberries outrank nearly every fruit and vegetable--including strawberries, spinach, broccoli, red grapes, apples, raspberries, and cherries.
  
Ingredients 22 calories per serving (serves 4) 
2 cups fresh cranberries
4 cups water

Preparation
- Place cranberries and water in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to medium heat and cover loosely
- Simmer 10 minutes until the cranberries burst
- Strain through a colander lined with a cheesecloth (if you want no pulp)
- Resist the urge to press on the fruit to extract more juice


When it's cranberry season I pick up extra bags and freeze them.
The cranberries make a little popping sound as they burst.
Notice there's some seeds when I don't always use a cheesecloth. Ok with me.
The decorative bottles are recycled from store-bought juice.

Note to vegan chef
Cranberry juice is easy to make and fun. I usually don't bother with a cheesecloth, I just use the strainer. A little bit of seeds and pulp comes through and that's fine with me. It's also good when you add sparkling water. 

The decorative bottles I use are recycled from store-bought juice.






1 comment:

  1. I  was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in August of 2015. A precious friend told me about Dr james herbal mix in,She gave me his contact number and email address,I contacted him quickly so he give me guaranty that his herbal medicine will cure my cancer and i will be heal forever I said Okay.I ask him about the process for the cure,he ask me to pay for the fees which i did and within 5 working days he sent me the herbal medicine then he instructed me on how to drink it for two weeks to get cured.I told Gomez my friend about the herbal medicine so he gave me go ahead to drink it.So after drinking it for two weeks i was cured I'm so grateful and i promise i will recommend anyone with cancer to him and that what i'm doing.Dr James Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Fibromyalgia,a
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease, Diabetes ,Coeliac disease, Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes.
    Here Is His Contact Info......[Email...drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com............ Whatsapp...+2348152855846]    

    ReplyDelete