- Fill a large bowl with boiling water. Submerge rice noodles in the water and soak for about 15 minutes.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the garlic cloves and tofu chunks. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce over the tofu and sauté until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, lime juice, maple syrup, hot pepper flakes, remaining liquid aminos and 1 cup of water.
- Add the soaked noodles and peanut butter mixture to the tofu and cook through for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced scallions and chopped peanuts and serve right away.
Inspired by http://www.peta.org/recipes/easy-vegan-pad-thai/